It’s beginning to look a lot like … the perfect time to plan a New year break.
As much as we all love you-know-what, the thought of stretching our legs by the pool under some Christmas sun – or at least enjoying a warmer clime – is sure to give would-be holidaymakers a sunny disposition, even as the Winter chill bites.
Holiday experts TUI have rounded up a range of New Year and early 2020 breaks that won’t bust the post-Christmas bank, but which you can surely bank on to be a great holiday in a sunnier, warmer spot.
After all, Irish holidaymakers need no introduction to the likes of old favourites Lanzarote, Gran Canaria or Tenerife, none of which will be exactly scorching hot in January or February, but all of which can be relied upon to have much better, warmer weather than dear old Dublin.
From Blue Flag beaches for family fun, to busy nightlife options, to strong cultures and friendly locals, these and similar destinations have it all for anyone looking for a post-Christmas holiday.
Here are just a few of the holiday deals that could give a perfect, wallet-friendly break in the coming months …
• January 9, Dublin to Gran Canaria, Mirador Maspalomas by Dunas, Maspalomas, three-star, all inclusive, seven nights from €569pps.
• January 17, Dublin to Tenerife, Hotel Catalonia Las Vegas, Puerto de la Cruz, three-star-plus, half board, seven nights from €599pps.
January 20, Dublin to Lanzarote, Paradise Island, Playa Blanca, three-star-plus, all inclusive, seven nights from €559pps.
• February 7, Dublin to Tenerife, Las Piramides resort, Playa de las Americas, two-star, self catering, seven nights from €529pps.
• February 20, Dublin to Gran Canaria, Monte Feliz, Bahia Feliz, three-star, self catering, seven nights from €449pps.
• February 24, Dublin to Lanzarote, Cinco Plazas, Puerto del Carmen, three-star-plus, self catering, seven nights from €509pps.
And, if you’re thinking of a mid-term family (2+1) break, why not plump for February 13, Dublin to Gran Canaria, Castillo de Sol, Puerto Rico, three-star, self-catering, seven nights from €1,329pps.
All holidays are subject to change and availability. For further information on these and other offers, see www.tuiholidays.ie, or call 1850 45 35 45.