THE travel market is up in the air – but not quite literally – thanks to Covid-19, with more and more travellers spurning hotel stays for a villa holiday.
Families want assurances that their chosen destination is safe and rental companies are getting ahead of the game when it comes to finding the perfect getaway.
Experts at www.pvholidayrentals.com and www.holidayhomesdirect.com have hand-picked ideal accommodation in your favourite destinations.
A villa holiday is ideal for those families who want to practice social distancing, spend some time with the family, take in some sunshine, lie by the pool, and barbeque.
- Cosgrave’s – The Butcher Shop: still a cut above the rest!
- Balgaddy housing failing residents says human rights watchdog
- Dubs stars: Lord Mayor rewards city’s ‘Covid Heroes’
- Bracken River Memories
- Campaign hails strength of ‘scoliosis warriors’
Or maybe you want to hire your own chef – remembering it is you who decides what your daily plans will be throughout your holiday.
More importantly, a holiday is not a holiday unless you are with your close family and friends, so your very own private villa with pool is an added bonus.
Villa owners in Portugal, Croatia, Canary Island, and Cyprus have taken extra steps to ensure their properties will be prepared to the highest standards to ensure that your holiday is trouble-free.
There is some very positive news coming from the Algarve, Cyprus, and Croatia; flights are due to commence in early July and resorts, restaurants, beaches and most services will be open by then.
João Fernandes, president of Algarve Tourism, said: “The country was quick to adopt preventive measures and extensive testing at an early stage to mitigate the spread of the pandemic.
“As a result, we have had much fewer cases than other European countries. Furthermore, the Algarve is one of the least affected regions in Portugal, and so we are now in a position to carefully plan a gradual reopening of its economic and social activity.”
In April the Algarve, in conjunction with Portugal Tourism, launched a ‘Safe & Clean’ stamp, that certifies and gives training to businesses who comply with new hygiene measures.
A private villa with pool for seven days can cost as little as €800 in October, rising to anything from €2000 to €20,000 per week in high season depending on the standard and extra facilities you request.
To see what’s on offer visit www.pvholidayrentals.com for a selection of villas throughout Portugal and Croatia. Alternatively you can contact owners directly on www.holidayhomesdirect.com for a wide selection of properties throughout Cyprus, Portugal, Canary Islands, and Croatia.
- Cosgrave’s – The Butcher Shop: still a cut above the rest!WHEN it comes to generations-old family-run businesses few can compete with Cosgrave’s – The Butcher Shop.…
- Balgaddy housing failing residents says human rights watchdogCOUNCIL tenants have been left to endure mould, damp, poor heating and rodent infestations according to…
- Dubs stars: Lord Mayor rewards city’s ‘Covid Heroes’OUTGOING Lord Mayor Tom Brabazon presented five worthy Dubliners with awards to celebrate their new status…
- Bracken River MemoriesBALBRIGGAN residents have a chance to share memories of Bracken River thanks to a unique new oral history project.…
- Campaign hails strength of ‘scoliosis warriors’A DUBLIN hospital has launched an online campaign to raise awareness of spinal conditions in young…