THE turn of the new year is the perfect time for reflection.
Whether you achieved the goals that you set for New Year 2017 or not, decide on some travel-related goals for 2018 now and you’ll be sure to achieve them. After all, what better incentive is there than a holiday?
Learn something new in Costa Dorada
Step back in time with a visit to the Roman Amphitheatre, where you can walk around the well-preserved, vast ruins like soldiers and gladiators did all those years ago.
You can also head up into the hills to see the Monastery of Montserrat which was built over 1,000 years ago.
Miravet Castle is another great landmark to visit beside the Ebro River.
This medieval piece of architecture is Arab in origin and houses the Chapel of Sant Miquel. Fans of art will also enjoy a wander around Gaudi Centre Reus – a tribute to the town’s most famous son. There’s a lot of history to uncover and the beautiful sights make it one history lesson that will catch your attention!
• 25-May-18, Shannon to Costa Dorada, California Apartments, Salou, 3*, HB, seven nights from €439pps.
Get fit and healthy in Gran Canaria
The largest of the Canary Islands, Gran Canaria is a year-round destination, so knowing that you can combine eating a healthy Spanish diet, relaxing in the Canarian sunshine and getting plenty of exercise is the ideal form of inspiration at the start of the year for your 2018 diet plan.
• 01-Feb-18, Dublin to Gran Canaria, IFA Interclub Atlantic, San Agustin, 3*, AI, seven nights from €549pps
• 19-Apr-18, Dublin to Gran Canaria, Monte Feliz, Bahia Feliz, 3*, SC, seven nights from €409pps.
Try new foods in
Expand your foodie knowledge with classic Bulgarian dishes such as banitsa – a crispy cheese pie made with layers of filo pastry, feta cheese and yogurt.
Sweet fillings, like apples or dates, are also used on special occasions along with another favourite, tarator.
This chilled soup consisting of cucumber, yogurt and dill is served ice cold during the summer time.
• 28-May-18, Dublin to Bulgaria, Hotel Favorit, Bourgas, 3*, SC, seven nights from €389pp (based on four sharing)
• 21-May-18, Dublin to Bulgaria, Ivana Palace Hotel, Sunny Beach, 3*, B&B, seven nights from €385pp
Be more adventurous in Mexico
Inject some adventure into your 2018 with a Mexican holiday for you and your family.
There are a whole host of activities to get involved in, from exploring Mayan ruins at Chichén Itzá to swimming with dolphins in Cancun.
Why not really challenge yourself by squeezing into a wetsuit and heading down to the depths of the ocean on a deep-sea dive?
TWO WEEKS ALL INCLUSIVE DIRECT TO MEXICO DEALS:
• 18-Jun-18, Dublin to Mexico, RIU Lupita, Playacar, 3*, AI, 14 nights from €1,499pps
• 18-Jun-18, Dublin to Mexico, Grand Bahia Principe Coba, Riviera Maya, 4*, AI, 14 nights from €1,499pps
• 09-Jul-18, Dublin to Mexico, Clubhotel Riu Tequila, Playacar, 3*, AI, 14 nights from €1,729pps.
All deals quoted are from Tui.
To book visit www.tuiholidays.ie, call 1850 45 35 45 or visit a TUI store/travel agent.