By Amy Rohu
Jacked-Up have created three delicious vegan products full of flavour that contain nothing but jackfruit and tasty, nutritious ingredients.
Jackfruit is regularly used as a meat-free alternative to pulled pork and can be enjoyed by both vegans and meat-eaters alike. It is packed full of nutrition, low in sugar and calories and has the same bite as pulled pork, making it an ideal substitute for those looking to incorporate more plant-based foods into their diet.
The new range from Jack-Up comes in Smokey Pulled BBQ, Spicy Tex Mex and Indian Curry. They can be consumed hot or cold and make the perfect pizza topping, burger filling and tacos. The possibilities are endless for this versatile ingredient.
Business partners Gursharan Singh and Binu Varghese set up Jack-Up in 2020 after noticing a clear gap in the growing plant-based market in Ireland. Both directors have roots in India and have 20 years of experience in the food distribution industry in Ireland.
Jacked-Up is available now in Supervalu stores nationwide at an RRP of €3.99 as part of their food academy programme and in some independent stores nationwide.
Jacked Up Pulled BBQ Pizza – Serves 2
Ingredients & Toppings
- 100gm Jackfruit pulled BBQ
- 1 pizza base
- 25gm tomato puree
- 20gm sliced red onion
- 20gm bell peppers
- 8gm olive oil
- 40gm vegan cheese
- Preheat the oven 180°c, based on the pizza base directions
- Spread the tomato puree on to your pizza base
- Top with Jackfruit pulled BBQ, red onions, jalapenos, bell peppers & grated cheese
- Add some olive oil and fresh basil to bring the aroma and extra flavour
- Cook at 180c for 10 Minutes in oven
- Remove the pizza from the oven and serve hot