Create an exciting summertime meal with Siucra and Catherine Fulvio’s flavoursome Spicy Salmon with Chilli Lime Sauce.
Follow this simple recipe (to serve four) to give your salmon an extra kick, paired with a delicious chilli lime sauce.
Whether you’re entertaining, or in the need to whip up something quick and tasty, this spicy salmon is the perfect summer meal.
• 4 salmon darnes, score the skin
• 1 lime, sliced, to serve
• Coriander leaves, to garnish
For the sauce
• 3 spring onions, chopped
• 2 red chillies, finely chopped
• 2 limes, zest of one and juice of two
• 2 tbsp Siucra Caster Sugar
• 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
• 4 medium sprigs coriander, roughly chopped
For the rub
• 3 tbsp Siucra Rich Dark Sugar
• 1 tsp paprika
• 2 tsp ground cumin
• 2 tsp garlic powder
• 4 tsp onion powder
• Half tsp ground black pepper
• 1 tsp salt
• Preheat the barbecue on medium heat (about 170C).
• To prepare the dipping sauce, chop the spring onions, add the red chillies, lime zest and juice, stir in the Siucra Caster Sugar, oil and add the chopped coriander. Mix well and set aside.
• To prepare the salmon, combine all the ingredients for the rub in a bowl.
• Brush the salmon with oil and coat with the spicy rub. Place the salmon in a fish basket which has been brushed with oil. If you haven’t one, ensure that the barbecue racks are very clean and place skin side down over indirect heat – not directly above the hottest coals.
• Check after about 4 to 5 minutes and then carefully turn over. Some of the skin may come away from the fish – place this on the side to crisp up. Barbecue for a further three to four minutes.
• Transfer to a platter, serve the crispy skin as well and spoon over some of the sauce.
• Garnish with lime slices, coriander leaves and serve with more sauce on the side.