The winners of the 2020 Just Eat Takeaway Awards have been revealed, with several Dublin eateries taking home a coveted award, including Rathmines’ Saba To Go who won Ireland’s Favourite Takeaway.
Over 23,000 votes were cast for takeaway eateries across Ireland in recent weeks in 28 different categories. Saba To Go – who have won Ireland’s Favourite Takeaway for the second year in a row – is just one of this year’s winners, who will benefit from a media support package worth €20,000 as part of their prize.
Now in its seventh year, the Just Eat National Takeaway Awards were held as a fully digital event, showcasing an industry disproportionately impacted by COVID-19.
Dublin winners came from across the county, from Romayo’s in Clonsilla winning Best Takeaway Chipper, to Mario & Luigi Gelato in Clondalkin winning Best Takeaway Dessert.
The big winners were Saba To Go Rathmines, who won in a further four categories – Best Takeaway Spice Bag, Best Takeaway Thai, Best Takeaway Dublin and Best Takeaway Healthy – while newcomers Vegan Sandwich Co won in two categories, Best Takeaway Vegan and Best Takeaway Lunchtime.
- Approval given for Whitechurch Stream Flood Alleviation Scheme
- Latest Reports from the Central Statistics Office
- Woman avoids jail for smuggling drugs into prison after threat
- Choice Music Prize: a quick guide to the album nominees
- Loving Motoring: All-New Renault Clio is a Game Changer
Speaking about the winners, Amanda Roche-Kelly, Managing Director at Just Eat Ireland, said: “These awards have always been about giving our customers the opportunity to support their local restaurant, celebrating excellence in the industry.
“This year in particular, the level of public engagement has been phenomenal and really helps to shine a light on excellence in innovation, resilience and diversity in the face of the huge challenges experienced by our hospitality industry this year.
“During the early stages of the pandemic, our resources were focused on delivering a safe and reliable service to our customers, getting restaurants online so that they could remain trading, efficiently. Further investments in support packages and an expanded infrastructure were later introduced to help them to deliver their much-loved food to more and more people during these hugely difficult times.
“The Just Eat National Takeaway Awards are not just about celebrating and supporting the 2,900 Just Eat restaurant partners, but also those hard-working owners of local and independent restaurants who have adapted their own business model in response to the changing needs of their local communities.
“I’d like to take this opportunity to congratulate everyone in the restaurant industry in Ireland who continues to navigate their way through these incredibly difficult times.
“While hugely important employers in our economy, they are also delivering a service to a changing workforce and a sense of normality to local customers right across Ireland for whom a healthy lunchtime snack delivered straight to your door mid-week, or a more traditional Saturday night takeaway is a chance to kick-start or regroup.”
Read the full list of Dublin winners below, and check out the list of winners across Ireland here.
- Best Takeaway Indian: Namaste India, King St North, Dublin 7
- Best Takeaway Japanese: Musashi, Parnell St, Dublin 1
- Best Takeaway Mexican: La Cocina Cuevas, Drumcondra, Dublin 9
- Best Takeaway Middle Eastern: Shouk, Drumcondra, Dublin 9
- Best Takeaway Thai: Saba To Go, Rathmines, Dublin 6
- Best Takeaway Chipper: Romayo’s, Clonsilla, Dublin 15
- Best Takeaway Curry: Saba To Go, Rathmines, Dublin 6
- Best Takeaway Pizza: Firehouse Pizza, Ballymun, Dublin 11
- Best Takeaway Salad: San Sab, Drumcondra, Dublin 9
- Best Takeaway Spice Bag: Saba To Go, Rathmines, Dublin 6
- Best Takeaway Vegan: Vegan Sandwich Company, Smithfield, Dublin 7
- Best Takeaway Healthy: Saba To Go, Rathmines, Dublin 6
- Best Takeaway Breakfast: The Brick Room, Balbriggan, Co. Dublin
- Best Takeaway Dessert: Mario & Luigi Gelato, Clondalkin, Dublin 22
- Best Takeaway Lunchtime: Vegan Sandwich Company, Smithfield, Dublin 7
- Best Takeaway Sustainability: Camile Thai, Phibsborough, Dublin 7
- Ireland’s Favourite Dish: Spice bag
- Best Takeaway Dublin: Saba To Go, Rathmines, Dublin 6
- Best Takeaway Ireland: Saba To Go, Rathmines, Dublin 6