Coeliac Awareness Week runs this year from the 9th – 15th May, and Aldi has a range of Special buys and Award-winning gluten free foods in store, which means you don’t have to compromise on taste.
Coeliac disease is an autoimmune condition where the body reacts to gluten within your diet. When gluten is eaten, the body mistakenly attacks the digestive system, causing damage that impedes the body’s ability to absorb vital nutrients correctly. For more information and to view gluten free recipes see www.aldi.ie
Tips on how to stick to a gluten free diet:
Preparation – Make sure there are always gluten free meals and snacks ready.
Bake – Lots of baked goods include gluten so try Aldi’s gluten free flour instead.
Discover – If you think you need to go gluten free, ensure you seek medical advice.
Why not try these this gluten free recipe this summer!
Serves: 4 people
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 x Nature’s Pick Fresh Corn on the Cob
- 1 x tsp Stonemill Paprika
- 1 x clove of Garlic
- 1 x tsp Stonemill Oregano
- 1 x tsp Stonemill Ground Cumin
- 1 x tsp Stonemill Coriander
- 60ml Solesta Olive Oil
- 5g The Pantry Sugar
- Stonemill Sea Salt and Stonemill Black Pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/Gas Mark 6.
- In a large bowl, mix together the spices and herbs with the olive oil and sugar, then season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the sweetcorn in half lengthways, then put the corn on its side and cut down the length of the cob. Put the raw cobs in a microwave for 30 seconds, then cut into 3, lengthways from top to bottom.
- Put the 12 ribs in the bowl and rub with the oil. Put them on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast for 20 minutes until crispy.